Friday, May 30, 2008

The Star is Quilted

Yesterday I drove back to my quilt teacher's studio in Bowie to long-arm quilt my most recent quilt top, Painted Star No. 1. I very much enjoyed seeing it manifest into a more finished quilt. I will post a picture of the finished quilt as soon as the edge is bound.

I am thrilled to be learning this new skill, but its not nearly as easy "as it looks on television." To all who have tried long arm quilting and succeeded, I appreciate your skills to a much greater degree than I did before yesterday. To those of you that haven't tried yourself, all I can do is encourage you to try. The sense of accomplishment is tremendous.

If any of you in Maryland want to learn, get in touch with me and I'll hook you up with the contact info and you'll be on your way.

It looks like a nice weekend ahead. I might just have to get down to the beach for a while.

No comments: